April 21, 2010

April 21, 2010 09:33 AM

Things are looking up. I now have a flight home on Monday. As long as the volcanic ash continues to be manageable over the U.K. and from Italy to the U.K. and from the U.K. to the East Coast – United States, I will be home in 5 days. The volcano will have delayed my return home by 9 days. There is a fear the the other larger volcano will be set off and if that happens, it will be horrific in terms of the devastating impact upon travel and agriculture. I have a show in Germany on May 21 and so all must remain stabilized for that journey there and back again. My trip to New York to see the exhibit at MoMA has been impacted by my change of travel plans post tour and tonight I WAS to be doing a show in Brooklyn with the band from the European tour. They are still stranded in Geneva but have return tickets in 4 days. All of the post-tour exhaustion has come crashing down on me here in Italy as I decompress from a super high level of stress. I am looking forward to post -May when all the travel will be done for awhile and I can focus on recording and gardening and getting back to long walks and jogging and yoga and working on my truck and the house.